& Endowment Funds
Our first clients forty years ago were trust funds, including charitable and pension trusts. We have served as a fiduciary for four decades. We have experience partnering with clients such as hospital/medical practices, colleges, corporations, private family foundations, and charitable trusts.
Willis Investment Counsel offers the following services to our endowment/foundation clients:
- Education and counseling, including enterprise risk management*
- Investment policy
- – Evaluation
- – Recommendation
- – Drafting
- Asset allocation education, stress-testing, and recommendations
- Investment management
- – Direct management (portfolio construction, security selection, etc.)
- – Indirect management (index fund selection, manager research, etc.)
- Reporting and Accounting
- Outsourced CIO role
* Enterprise risk management integrates risks of the organization with portfolio risks to achieve a more holistic risk/reward outcome. Especially where spending policy, debt covenants, and DOE composite score
issues are present, stress-testing a range of potential outcomes is part of our risk management process.
The Willis Investment Counsel research and portfolio management team periodically publishes its views on the endowment/foundation landscape including risk management, diversification, fiduciary responsibility, and investment strategy.
The Drivers of Portfolio Outcomes – April 2016